Homepage / Community / Technical questions / 1V has minimal output

1V has minimal output

Steven Koehler
Community Member

I received the 1V yesterday. Hooked it up and the output from it is very low. Any reason why that might be? Here’s a rundown of the settings:

Subwoofer settings:

Connected via RCA 1

Reference levels: on

Input gain: 0db

Phase: 0

Parametric EQ: Off

Auto Turn On: Mode 1

Receiver settings:

Level: 0db (for reference, my old sub was set at the lowest setting (-12db)

Subwoofer mode: LFE

Low pass filter: 100 Hz

Any assistance waking the sub up is appreciated.

All replies (20)

rene-paulus
Community Member

<i>hi Steven,</i>

Wich Receiver do you use?

Palmspar
Community Member

Tested the sub with movies? music with pure direct setting the subwoofer is disabeld.

Steven Koehler
Community Member

I tried music in stero mode and some movies on TV (non Blu-ray). It’s strange because if I run the test tone through the app it sounds full so there has to be a setting somewhere that I’m missing. I ran audyssey after connecting it and it was detected, etc. Receiver set the level to -5 and you could barely hear it at reference levels.

rene-paulus
Community Member

Hi Steven,

Did you make a new Audyssey tune in?

Because, you received yesterday the hardware.

Steven Koehler
Community Member

Hello Rene,

Yes, I re-ran Audyssey via the phone app and a microphone to recalibrate for the new subwoofer.

Palmspar
Community Member

I run the app today it sets the svs sb2000 way to low indeed.

The gain on the sub must 7 klicks higher i think from 25 to 50% volume,  and the setting in the avr from -12 to 0db and then it has the same output as the Arendal 1961 speakers. it was 20db to low or so

If you dont have a external db meter, you can run the settup direct from the avr, i had never problems with that before.

I purchased the app today and make 2 calibrations, and both have set the sub extreme low at -12db verry bad.

Before the run the output from the sub was perfect in the green zone in the sub volume slider, i expected the sub at 0db gain set in the avr not -12db

Run it direct on the avr with 50% gain on sub it was always perfect, i test it later with a db meter.

I think its a bug in the app.

Steven Koehler
Community Member

Thank you Jurgen,

I’ve just turned off reference level in the Arendal app and I’ll try adjusting the level from there while keeping the marantz at 0 db

Palmspar
Community Member

No problem!

its nice to help and see more users with the audyssey app.

I think reference level in the Arendal app sets the gain on 0db, but turning it off with the master level on 0 db is exact the same setting.

Gain or sub volume in the subwoofer must set at 50% that work almost always 0db is good indeed.

I dont have the arendal subwoofer app, i cant look for you, but i read the manual.

Your first post says Parametric EQ: Off  that looks not good to me it must be EQ1, EQ2 & EQ3

EQ1 goes below 20hz , EQ2  28hz & EQ3 35hz or so

For deep base in movies EQ1 is the best setting

Steven Koehler
Community Member

I have the EQ1 vented selected. The 7 band parametric EQ is set to off (I don’t have the knowledge to mess with that). I set the marantz to 0 DB and the Arendal app to +7 (I took off the reference setting). Seems to have helped. I’m wondering if changing the phase will help with blending with the mains.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Exciting News! We’ve transformed our Community into the exclusive Arendal Sound Club! Dive into a more engaging way to connect with fellow audio enthusiasts and enjoy special, members-only benefits. Best of all, you can continue using your existing credentials. Visit Club