Homepage / Community / Ideas / Arendal Sound wish list

Arendal Sound wish list

I saw a recent post about wanting Arendal Sound in ceiling and in wall speakers and it made me curious what other things people would want to see from Arendal just for fun. Maybe something like a 1723 center channel made like the towers with four bass drivers and a 2.5-way design? An even bigger subwoofer, dual opposed 16 inchers? Maybe something simple and small like a powered bookshelf speaker or a Bluetooth speaker? Arendal headphones? Or how about a luxury, higher end, higher priced product? I feel like they currently offer a perfectly wide range of products covering a lot of the bases but I am curious what anyone else love to see!

All replies (56)

Brian we are the voice, our community is the place to expel the wants in the Home theater system. I personally would like to see in wall speakers myself. A bigger center channel would be a nice touch with the same drivers but with four 8’ drivers and the famous wave guide tweeter.

Lukas
Customer Support

Hey guys, keep this thread going.

It is interesting that you want a bigger center. Are you running into problems with SPL on the current one?
Even with 4 bass drivers, I would cross over the center at 80Hz.

Lukas, I have no issue with SPL on my center, I am running the Crown XLi 1500 in bridge mode and have it about the One 0’clock position. Its the saying go big or go home. Lol but a Bigger center channel is the icing on the cake.

I have my center channel speaker set at 80Hz

Ford Holt
Community Member

Okay I know most think fancy wires are snake oil… myself included but would love to see some nice looking interconnects or xlrs

Thomas Gunvaldsen
Customer Support

Some great suggestions in here. Keep your thoughts coming guys. What would you personally want to purchase if we made it?

Thomas, I could see myself buying some in walls to add plus some Monitors for Front Wides. I know they not going to used much but when playing games I would like to hear the difference in the sound stage.

Adam J
Hero

I’d be very curious about an Arendal desktop speaker. Basically a smaller version of the 1961 bookshelf with 4 inch drivers. It’s a pretty slim market out there for desktop speakers that have a small form factor and are actually good.

Neil H
Community Member

I think the Arendal Monitors would look great with a nice foot plate that could be used instead of the rubber pads. It doesn’t need to be anything very expensive or real high end but functional and add to the beautiful appearance of the Monitors. It may or may not have adjustable feet, maybe just fancy looking feet like you find on the bottom of amplifiers to get them up in the air a little.

Thomas Gunvaldsen
Customer Support

Interesting idea. Would you consider that for placing the Monitors on top of a stand or on top of a bench or similar?

Neil H
Community Member

I know it would be something I would do. The factory stick on pads do the job as they are but the feet may be something people would like to add on instead.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.