Homepage / Community / Technical questions / Bi-wire vs jumpers

Bi-wire vs jumpers

plkyduk
Community Member

Hello,

I recently received my 1723 THX towers.  I am curious for any experience regarding bi-wiring the speakers vs using the supplied jumpers.  My system is a 2 channel system for audio only, no video.  I was wondering if anyone else had experimented with bi-wiring and heard any improvement over using the supplied jumpers.

Thanks

All replies (6)

Luis

Throughout my journey in this wonderful hobby of ours, I’ve tried bi-wire as well as bi-amp on various speaker brands, tubes, solid state, etc… when level matched, I found no difference in audio quality.

With my previous speakers, I used jumpers made with the same speaker wire… again, they made no difference, but they certainly looked cool.  : )

That being said… nothing wrong with you giving it a try…  Either way… enjoy the journey and keep us posted if you try it.

plkyduk
Community Member

Thanks, I appreciate your input. If I decide to try bi-wire I’ll let you know my impressions.

laurence-chan
Community Member

I always encourage experimentation to a certain degree to find out for one’s self if they hear a difference.  Having said that, my university days in Applied Mathematics and Physics tells me bi-wiring is electrically equivalent to using jumpers, and my actual experience is there is no difference between the two.

arkmann

I too have 1723 towers in a 2 channel setup.  Tried running both ways and Haven’t noticed any real difference between bi-wiring and using the jumpers.  However I bought bi-wire speaker cables that I love to test the difference, so I kept the cables and my speakers are bi-wired.  As others noted experimenting is a fun part of the hi-fi hobby.  Enjoy your musical journey!

Kristoffer Svendsen
Customer Support

Hello!

As others have mentioned, there shouldn’t be much (if any) of a difference between using bi-wire cables vs. the jumpers. The jumpers are made from solid copper with rhodium plating, so they are certainly up to the task!

As always: Our ears and preferences are different, so we always encourage you to try and experiment. Please also keep us posted with your findings, as it’s always interesting to hear different experiences and opinions.

plkyduk
Community Member

Thank you all for your input! If I decide to try bi-wiring I will let you all know my impressions!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Exciting News! We’ve transformed our Community into the exclusive Arendal Sound Club! Dive into a more engaging way to connect with fellow audio enthusiasts and enjoy special, members-only benefits. Best of all, you can continue using your existing credentials. Visit Club