Homepage / Community / Technical questions / CD PLayer upgrade

CD PLayer upgrade

neil-h
Community Member

In the quest for squeezing the last bit of great sound from my Arendal speakers, I have a question. First let me say, I have a Marantz CD 6005 being used as a transport to my Hegel H190’s DAC. The sound is much better than using the Marantz with it’s own internal DAC. That being said, can the sound be improved much or at all with a much higher end CD player/transport. Specifically, I’m considering a Moon cd player by Simaudio or possible a Lyngdorf player as well. Both have their own built in DAC’s but just don’t know if they would improve on the sound. It’s almost hard to believe it would sound better than right now. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

All replies (1)

laurence-chan
Community Member

Unless the Simaudio or Lyngdorf cd player have a feature that your Marantz doesn’t, then I’d be looking at stand-alone DAC’s.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Exciting News! We’ve transformed our Community into the exclusive Arendal Sound Club! Dive into a more engaging way to connect with fellow audio enthusiasts and enjoy special, members-only benefits. Best of all, you can continue using your existing credentials. Visit Club