Homepage / Community / Hangout / DIY Media Storage

DIY Media Storage

Laurence Chan
Community Member

I made this media shelving for behind my couch, my diy project the last two days. I had blurays and other stuff scattered everywhere, so organizing was a must for the New Year. Not sure if I’ll end up staining them, but for now I’m pleased with the finished product. My 1723 Bookshelf S speakers are getting a shameless plug in this picture.

Attachments:

All replies (27)

Laurence Chan
Community Member

The cost was $185usd, the lumber is a common stock white pine from Lowe’s, quite a few strategically placed angle brackets on the bottom side of the boards, and quite a few 2in hex head wood screws for extra rigidity and strength. I’ll be adding a panel for the open space on the bottom to hide wire runs to complete the look. For those with a little bit of “diy” in you, these are so much better than what you can buy(not to mention way less expensive) and custom made/measured for the space, not to mention the satisfaction knowing you did this yourself.

Nice work turned out great! Would be great to se the rest of the room

take care

//

Laurence Chan
Community Member

I’ve been making quite a few changes to my living room/home theater and things are a bit cluttered because the on-going DIY projects.  I’ll be posting pictures as I complete said projects.

Laurence Chan
Community Member

The front stage is complete for now, in-wall wiring just completed and only painting to go.

Attachments:
Thomas Gunvaldsen
Customer Support

Looks awesome! Great to see someone making their own stuff.

Laurence Chan
Community Member

Thanks Thomas!  I’ve always been a diy’er waiting to take it to the next level.  The pandemic ended up giving me a nudge and the world economic situation has convinced me to invest in more tools for woodworking , thus the first real applications for my home theater was a no-brainer.  Not to mention I enjoy being able to create and customize for the situation.

Ben Salfarlie
Community Member

Nice clean and professional finish. Well done.

Laurence Chan
Community Member

Bought a new Italian leather couch and area rug for the living room/home theater.  Working on new diy room treatments because of the change in room acoustics.  The symmetry in my room is greatly improved and my Arendal Sound speakers sound even more detailed than before.

Attachments:
James Jones
Community Member

Laurence, what speaker stands are you using?

BTW, that couch looks very comfy!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.