Homepage / Community / Showroom / Living room 1961s

Living room 1961s

I haven’t been on here for a bit so I just wanted to show a little update. I haven’t gone down and worked on the basement much in awhile, crazy that it’s pretty much usable with a full 1723 setup but I just have to finish setting everything up. The reason for that is mostly because the living room is our common area and the 1961’s have been awesome so I really haven’t had the urge to go downstairs! I will finish it soon tho and I actually just picked up a pair of 1961 monitors and a center channel so the living room will soon be a 5.1.2 atmos setup so I’m very excited for that!

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

All replies (7)

arkmann

Looks good so far.  Good luck!

Chad F
Community Member

Very nice, I am jealous that you have 2 Arendal rooms!  Will be interested to get your impressions of the 1723 towers vs the 1961’s after you have setup and listened to them awhile.  I love the look of the white 1961 towers.

– Chad F.

Fernando Ayllón
Community Member

I looks really nice, well integrated.

I wonder why everybody keeps posting pictures of the speaker without grills, specially in living room environments. I know they look better to me without them but I bet that is no how the owners see them everyday. In my opinion, a speaker integrates better in the decor with grills on…like 99% of the time.

Brian, in your particular case, do you have the grill off or on?

Thank you!

For me, I just love the exposed look of seeing the drivers so honestly, I rarely even unpack the grills when I get new speakers. I think for some, it’s kind of a must if they have kids running around or just to protect them but it’s just the wife and I and our big dog so I have no worries keeping mine exposed. The only speaker I’ve had in the house that the wife preferred them with grills on was the KLH Model Three

Luis

Looks great Brian… I did the exact same, my LCR grills were never unboxed.  Only my surround and heights have grills.

Jules Jeanselme
Customer Support

The picture looks so good I thought it was a render.

Looks awesome , both rooms!

Thoughts on 1961 vs 1723?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Exciting News! We’ve transformed our Community into the exclusive Arendal Sound Club! Dive into a more engaging way to connect with fellow audio enthusiasts and enjoy special, members-only benefits. Best of all, you can continue using your existing credentials. Visit Club