Homepage / Community / Hangout / Looking for articulating wall mount for 1961s

Looking for articulating wall mount for 1961s

JR Williams
Community Member

I know Arendal sells a mount, but it’s flush and non-articulating. I see a lot on Amazon but they seem to either be a fixed 2’ish cm from the wall or they’re big and strick out a crazy amount. My idea was to mount the monitors on the side of my TV and the center under the middle. I’d think having at least 15-20cm between the wall and the speaker would make it sound better. And I could also angle them as needed.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a mount? Also the ones I’m finding all look like they might be 1 of a couple just rebranded,

All replies (16)

Rob Z
Community Member

Did you find a solution? I had the same question. I’ve ordered 1961 Bookshelves for atmos height duty. While waiting for the Bookshelves to arrive, I’ve ordered the following two adjustable mounts to try out:

1. Pyle Speaker Wall Ceiling Mount Stand – Black Speaker Mounting Bracket w/ Adjustable Swivel Tilt, Retractable Telescopic Arm – Home Surround Sound System Bookshelf Satellite Speakers PSTNDC31 (Pair) – $32 USD

2. Monoprice 106839 Adjustable 33 lb. Capacity Speaker Wall Mount Brackets (Pair) Black – $19.68 USD

Interestingly, the Monoprice mounts were slightly cheaper to buy from Amazon than Monoprice’s own site and shipped faster.

The Pyle mounts are telescoping,  from 24 cm to 34 cm.

Its not clear to me if either of these two mounts will properly fit and connect to the back of the 1961bs’s, but I thought I would give it a try. Returns to Amazon are easy, at least in the USA.

If they are a good match, I may attempt to paint them white somehow. The less black stuff hanging from the ceiling area, the better.

Luis

Having issues posting images and links together… so let’s see if this works:

K&M Model 24185; they make various adapters for the speaker side

Luis

I bought these for my 1961 Surrounds on Amazon, but they are out of stock; Sound Town STWSD-U40:

Luis

I bought these on Amazon for my 1961 heights:

https://amzn.to/3ZilADi

And these for my 1961 Surrounds; however, seems like Amazon is out of stock now:

Kristoffer Svendsen
Customer Support

Hello guys!

All of the 1961 speakers (except the towers) + 1723 Height S support VESA 100 mounting solutions. It looks like the Mount-it model you linked to from Amazon will work nicely. Just make sure the bolt holes on the mount support m6 bolts, as that is what is used in our speakers. More info can be found here

laurence-chan
Community Member

I’m pretty sure these are re-branded K&M 24471.  Sound Town offered these on Amazon months after I had bought the K&M’s, otherwise I would’ve bought these for half the price.  Good choice Luis!!!…………LC

Luis

Thanks LC… I considered the K&Ms, but went hunting for a cheaper alternative.  : )

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Exciting News! We’ve transformed our Community into the exclusive Arendal Sound Club! Dive into a more engaging way to connect with fellow audio enthusiasts and enjoy special, members-only benefits. Best of all, you can continue using your existing credentials. Visit Club