Homepage / Community / Technical questions / Newly Received 1723 1S driver not firing

Newly Received 1723 1S driver not firing

Andrew Park
Community Member

I ordered 2 x 1723 1S Subs and received them today.  One clearly works and the 2nd one doesn’t.  I tried just about everything, including switching RCA cable, changing AVR settings, trying 3 different receivers, switching Sub ports, and anything else you can think of.

LCD screen works and it shows that it is clearly receiving signal from the receiver.  It’s showing the “Active” sign. it’s just not firing..

what I noticed was that the working sub fires in the “test tone” mode in the app and the non-working sub doesn’t fire in the “test tone” mode in the app.  I suspect something is either broken or loose inside…  I’m open to suggestions before customer service gets back to me tomorrow.

The working sub sounds great.  I wish both of them worked…

All replies (2)

Kristoffer Svendsen
Customer Support

Hello Andrew,

I’m sorry to hear about your issues! Since the test tone isn’t working, there is most likely an issue with the amp in the sub. Did you try to switch to XLR and then back to RCA, and then do a buzz test? If not, we’ll handle this on the customer support side of things to make sure you have two working subs asap!

Thomas Gunvaldsen
Customer Support

Hi Andrew,

As Kristoffer mentioned we will be able to more quickly handle this through our customer support. Anyhow, we will get your subwoofer up and running ASAP. These occurrences are very rare, but in your case it sounds like either a cable that is loose (most likely anyways) or something with the amplifier.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Exciting News! We’ve transformed our Community into the exclusive Arendal Sound Club! Dive into a more engaging way to connect with fellow audio enthusiasts and enjoy special, members-only benefits. Best of all, you can continue using your existing credentials. Visit Club