All replies (13)

Lukas
Customer Support

Hi Hans,

I have my 1723 Monitors sealed and crossed over at 90Hz.
This gives me the best sounding and measured result in my room. I make no distinction between movies and music. A well-integrated system will sound awesome regardless of the source material.

Hans Erik Sæbø
Super Hero

Thanks for your answer, Lukas:)

I guess I have to experiment a bit with the tower ports, as well as the ports on the center!

Thomas Gunvaldsen
Customer Support

I mostly do like Lukas mentions above. If there is no subwoofer in the setup however, then you certainly get more output in the bass, so that and room size will be the determining factors for me.

I suggest testing them all to see what works best for your scenario.

Erick Msuya
Community Member

Wow! Sealed and crossed at 90? How many subs do you have?

Lukas
Customer Support

Hey Eric. I use two subwoofers for better seat-to-seat consistency and smoother frequency response.

Keith Luken
Community Member

I am contemplating the 1723 towers and with dual sub been debating if I would seal the port. If the lower 2 woofers are internally crossed at 100hz and you seal and cross the sub at 90, what is the point of the full tower? Just curious as I am going back and forth between ordering the monitors or the towers. My sub are very capable and I engage my subs even for 2 cha music.

Lukas
Customer Support

Hey Keith. It is not a steep cut at 90hz. You will still have a lot of output below that.

If you have the possibility to measure this will be the best solution, if not just try how it sounds in your room.

Keith Luken
Community Member

I get there is a roll off, but seem like not leveraging the lower woofer as much, I guess they help (if integrated well) smooth out the lower end.

Hans Erik Sæbø
Super Hero

And if you listen to 2ch audio without subs, then the towers really comes alive and lives out it purpose😊👏

Neil H
Community Member

I plugged/sealed my 1723 Monitors (this is needed due to their location), crossed my sub over at 80hz and have great base output and blending. This is not a one size fits all recommendation as most people have different room shapes, furniture, drapes etc. My use is strictly for music.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.