All replies (24)

arkmann

Qobuz for 2 channel critical listening.  Most of the songs are Hi-Res up to 192K.  Tried Tidal and found Qobuz sounded as good for less money monthly.  Use Spotify for various Bluetooth speakers based on convenience since it has the most user-friendly app.  Have tried all the other services and stick with Qobuz and Spotify.

Luis

I originally subscribed to Tidal when I opted to try Roon; I purchased a lifetime Roon license approx. 6 years ago and so far, I really like Roon.  Music wise, Tidal has had a good music

selection, but I plan on trying Qobuz.

arkmann

Luis let me know what you think when you try Qobuz.  I tried Tidal first and then Qobuz. Found the selections and streaming quality similar and Qobuz was less expensive.

I havent tried Qobuz yet. Some of my friends use it and are really happy with it.

Just wish Apple Music could do lossless with wifi to my ifi streamer. But not :)

I haven’t had time to try it myself yet, but have you tried lossless vs AAC, do you hear any difference?

CY
Community Member

My set-up is a little more troublesome, I have an unused iPhone that is connected via USB to my Zidoo Neo S as source.

Ultimately, I would like to buy the Eversolo DMP-A6 which has hires lossless support… that will come later on :D

benjamin-hemati
Community Member

I’ve heard a lot of good things about Qobuz.

Kristoffer Svendsen
Customer Support

Interesting topic!

I’m a Tidal-user myself. The UI has gotten a lot better over the years, but it’s still not quite “up there” with Spotify in my opinion. There have been rumors that Spotify will launch a HiFi tier for years, but nothing has come of it as of yet. I’m really curious if they ever launch it, and how it will affect the competition.

Michael-B
Community Member

I use Amazon music. not just because of the integration of the 16 Alexa Echo & Studio speakers I have throughout the house which allows you to play the same song in every room of the house at the same time, but because when I use the Amazon music app on my PC connected via HDMI to the Marantz, Cinema 50, it allows me to listen to that music in high resolution. Plus you can have up to five different streams at one time with the family plan. For example, my wife can be listening to Amazon music in the house while I listen to different Amazon music in the car. There is a ton of great integration, I can even open my garage door through the Amazon music app by voice, or see any of live feeds from my security cameras by voice.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Exciting News! We’ve transformed our Community into the exclusive Arendal Sound Club! Dive into a more engaging way to connect with fellow audio enthusiasts and enjoy special, members-only benefits. Best of all, you can continue using your existing credentials. Visit Club