Homepage / Community / Technical questions / Surround speaker position and instalation

Surround speaker position and instalation

Ricardo Lerias
Community Member

Good morning everybody.

I currently have 2 towers 1961 + 2 height speakers + 1 central speaker 1961 and 1 pair of 1961 surround speakers (not yet installed)

I have some limitations on the right wall, as I have a window with curtains and no way to install them there.What is your suggestions?Thank you for your help.

Attachments:

All replies (4)

Kristoffer Svendsen
Customer Support

Hello Riccardo,

Does the window go along the entire right wall, or does it stop where the curtain is, close to the back of the couch?

The Dolby guidelines say to mount them a little bit behind the listening position (Dolby Guidelines), but if that isn’t possible, having them directly to the side will also be a nice compromise. It’s important to remember that no room is perfect, and you’ll simply have to find the compromise that works for you!

Ricardo Lerias
Community Member

Hello

The window ends where the curtain ends. I’m just afraid that the side of the sofa will be too much on top of whoever is sitting on it. The height should be at ear level, right?

Thanks

Fsm1th5
Community Member

I also have a window where my surround speaker belongs.

I use a tower speaker for my speaker stand. 😅

I’ll give you two choices. Move the seating forward. Far too often people sit r/tvtoofar or use a speaker stand.

The idea of compromise is the worst thing you can ever do. The whole intention here is find solutions for ideal placement. This comes with the right attitude. If you don’t have that. It’s not going to work out for you.

I hope you take these options on board rather than dismissing them completely.

craig-moritz
Community Member

I have a narrow room with 5.1 and my surrounds are wall mounted a little behind and above seats so I don’t run into them getting around seats.

They will always be out of balance a little is you sit closer to one than the other. There can only be one perfect position.

Attachments:
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Exciting News! We’ve transformed our Community into the exclusive Arendal Sound Club! Dive into a more engaging way to connect with fellow audio enthusiasts and enjoy special, members-only benefits. Best of all, you can continue using your existing credentials. Visit Club