Homepage / Community / Technical questions / What to expect with Outlet orders?

What to expect with Outlet orders?

chris-lukowski
Community Member

I’m wondering what trade-offs there are, if any, of ordering from the Outlet apart from the fact that another customer used the speaker before you did. Particularly the ones returned following a review. Is the packaging re-done to be identical to a new purchase? Are the speakers cleaned to remove finger smudges? Are they tested to ensure nothing internal got messed up due to improper handling? Would we even be able to tell it was used if we didn’t already know? Just trying to set my expectations because 10% on the more expensive items really does add up.

All replies (5)

Lukas
Customer Support

Hi Chris,

Most of the outlet items are in “like-new” condition and apart from the opened box, you could not tell it was used.
The speakers are inspected, cleaned, and tested, but there can be user marks. It really depends on the individual case.
The more you handle a speaker, the higher the chance you have smaller marks. The outside packaging will not be redone.
Should a speaker have visible damages or scratches, the discount will be higher and we will have pictures on the website.

Other than that you have the same warranty and benefits as with buying new, so no real risk.

laurence-chan
Community Member

Lukas is spot on in his explanation of the “Outlet” products.  I bought the 1723 Center THX from the “Outlet”, besides the boxing(which it was double boxed), the center channel speaker looked brand new.

chris-lukowski
Community Member

Thanks! Would it also be true to say that if there’s any missing paperwork, accessories, or packing elements (cardboard reinforcements, foam inserts, gloves, bags, rubber feet, etc) this would be replaced before shipping?

Jules Jeanselme
Customer Support

Hi Chris,

Yep, it would be complete with all accessories. You would have full warranties and all the other benefits that you’d get with new speakers.

Valentin Dumitrasc
Community Member

Heyas Chris.

I ordered 2 1723 monitors plus  a 1723 sub 2s from the outlet.

the sub was as brand new condition and so was one of the monitors. The other one had a bit of discolouration, not really noticeable if you don’t know it’s there. But it was marked by 2 small stickers, so I can see it. I already forgot about it untill I’ve read this.

I am extremely happy with them, plus I had 400 discount.
Happy listening!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Exciting News! We’ve transformed our Community into the exclusive Arendal Sound Club! Dive into a more engaging way to connect with fellow audio enthusiasts and enjoy special, members-only benefits. Best of all, you can continue using your existing credentials. Visit Club