Homepage / Community / Technical questions / 1961 surround vs MonitorAudio FX series

1961 surround vs MonitorAudio FX series

Deyan
Community Member

Speakers will be used in a 5.1 system. They will be positioned on the wall behind the listening position, which is a sofa basically flush to the wall. For that reason I was looking at the FX speakers, because they diffuse the sound. But what about the Arendals? How will they perform in my use case?

I would very much like to buy them, because I have become a fan of Arendal 😄

All replies (1)

Lukas
Customer Support

The biggest difference between our 1961 Surrounds and the Monitor Audio FX line is, that our speakers are mostly 2-way direct-firing speakers. The dipole side drivers are only there to assist and create a bigger sound bubble.
So you will get all the bass extension (without cancellation), and all the accurate pin-point localization that normal dipole speakers cannot offer.
The best of both worlds if you will.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Exciting News! We’ve transformed our Community into the exclusive Arendal Sound Club! Dive into a more engaging way to connect with fellow audio enthusiasts and enjoy special, members-only benefits. Best of all, you can continue using your existing credentials. Visit Club