Homepage / Community / Technical questions / 1961 surrounds vs 1961 monitors

1961 surrounds vs 1961 monitors

Wonjoon Lee
Community Member

Hi there! New to the community.

I just placed my order for the 1732S Monitor pair and the 1732S Center channel speakers for my LCR and I am seeing some good deals on the 1961 speakers and seeing if which would be better for my left and right surrounds.

The price difference in the outlet deals seem very close between the 1961 monitors and 1961 surrounds. Do yall have any recommendations between the two for my particular use?

Excited for the new set up!

All replies (2)

Thomas Gunvaldsen
Customer Support

Hello!

That is great to hear, welcome to the community. I am sure you are going to be thrilled by their performance.

As for the surround duties, I do hold a finger on the 1961 Surrounds, for their dispersion characteristics which makes the surround channels sound very evolving and also better for multiple seats.

Luis

Welcome to the community Wonjoon Lee!

I agree with Thomas and prefer the diffused sound field that my 1961 Surrounds provide over a direct only radiating speaker.  I would have to say that neither is better than the other; it all boils down to preferences… I prefer a more diffused sound effect over more something more localized.  It sounds more enveloping and natural to me.  Same with mounting height… I prefer my surrounds to be a foot or so higher than ear level.  Prior to mounting my surrounds, I used various boxes and items to raise and support the speakers.  I then made my decision based on what I felt sounded better to my ears.  If you go with the surrounds, the speakers are labeled Right and Left, simply make sure you mount them accordingly.   Either way… please keep us posted and enjoy!!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Exciting News! We’ve transformed our Community into the exclusive Arendal Sound Club! Dive into a more engaging way to connect with fellow audio enthusiasts and enjoy special, members-only benefits. Best of all, you can continue using your existing credentials. Visit Club