Homepage / Community / Technical questions / Bracket to secure upright Monitor to shelf?

Bracket to secure upright Monitor to shelf?

Rob Z
Community Member

Has anyone found or used a bracket to secure a 1723 Monitor to a shelf so it cannot tip over?

I have 1723 S’s as side and rear surrounds. I need to child proof my speakers and I’m concerned given how tall and heavy they are.

I see there are two M6 (?) bolt holes at top and bottom. Just need a bracket of some sort.

All replies (9)

chris-lukowski
Community Member

A pair of slotted L-brackets ought to work, one per “bottom M6”. Use the slotted side to get the right height on the speaker and the other screw down into the shelf, so long as the Monitor is not flush to the back of the wall. Do you think that would work?

https://www.amazon.com/OTTFF-2%C2%BEx2%C2%BEx1%C2%BD-Adjustable-Brackets-Fastener/dp/B08P2RBW64/ref=sr_1_19?crid=W4UY3SE3VT75&keywords=slotted+l+bracket+1%2F4%22&qid=1702667473&sprefix=slotted+l+bracket+1%2F4+%2Caps%2C95&sr=8-19

Attachments:
Rob Z
Community Member

Chris  – I think that will do the trick. Slotted seems obvious now that you mentioned it.

neil-h
Community Member

Hi Rob

If you want to go simplistic, you could actually use a piece of vinyl coated cable like they use on tv’s to keep from tipping. You would only need to connect the cable to one screw. Run the cable down to a connection point after the speaker is pushed back into place. A cable would also allow you some freedom of movement. It’s actually easier to do than you may realize. Just another idea.

Rob Z
Community Member

Neil – that is something to consider. A cable would give some degree of adjustability which is desirable. But i dont think it would keep the speaker from tipping over. Maybe it would stop it from falling and hitting the floor but maybe not?  The M6 bolt holes may not be sufficiently strong to hold up to that kind of torgue?

I havent unboxed my four Monitors yet. Ive had them for more than a month. Waiting until I have a solution.

chris-lukowski
Community Member

Be sure to post pics of whatever you come up with. I’m curious about how this turns out.

neil-h
Community Member

Rob

If you ran the cable behind the shelf, since the cable will be attached to the monitor anyway, I can’t see how the speaker could fall over. In other words, push the speaker back in position, then attach the cable to the shelf, shelf bracket or where you can. Run the cable behind the shelf that is. Worth a shot. Let us know what you settle on.

neil-h
Community Member

Rob
<p style=”text-align: left;”>  This is one of the reasons I brought up about some method of people being able to communicate off the forum so to speak. People could help each other with ideas, products and things like that. I metal work, simple special brackets for those speakers could be made easily. I’m going to make my own metal speaker stands when my audio room is completed. Maybe someday Arendal will provide this service. I hope it works out for you. Let us know what you come up with.</p>

Kristoffer Svendsen
Customer Support

Looks interesting! Please be sure to post pictures of the end results!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Exciting News! We’ve transformed our Community into the exclusive Arendal Sound Club! Dive into a more engaging way to connect with fellow audio enthusiasts and enjoy special, members-only benefits. Best of all, you can continue using your existing credentials. Visit Club