All replies (3)

arkmann

Have you contacted Arendal about the issue?  That’s where I recommend starting.

Kristoffer Svendsen
Customer Support

Hello Christopher,

I’m sorry we haven’t replied to your post, but for cases like this, we always recommend you reach out to our support staff: Contact us

I’ll of course try to help you with your issue here as well: I have one of our 1961 subs hooked up to my PC, and whenever the GPU (graphics card) sees high utilization, I always get a hum from my subwoofer. At first it sounded like an HVAC noise and I couldn’t figure out where it was coming from. When I realized it came from the subwoofer, I simply unplugged the RCA’s from my audio interface, and the hum disappeared. I suspect the issue in my case is something called “coil whine” from the GPU that induces hum/noise to the subwoofer. If I had a 1723 subwoofer, I think using XLR cables instead of RCA could eliminate the noise, but since the 1961 subs only accepts RCA inputs, I won’t be able to check. If you have XLR or TRS outputs from your PC/sound card, it could be worth testing.

If you contact our support team and attach some video examples of the issues, we will be better able to help you get to the bottom of this!

Christopher Riebel
Community Member

Hey Kristoffer,

thanks for your reply!

The subwoofer is connected directly to the Lyngdorf, only this is connected to the PC. I also noticed it today when streaming directly via Tidal. The PC is not involved here.The video is a good idea, maybe I should give it a try.

Thank you and best regards!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Exciting News! We’ve transformed our Community into the exclusive Arendal Sound Club! Dive into a more engaging way to connect with fellow audio enthusiasts and enjoy special, members-only benefits. Best of all, you can continue using your existing credentials. Visit Club