Homepage / Community / Technical questions / Placing the 1723 THX Monitors on the 1961s Subwoofer

Placing the 1723 THX Monitors on the 1961s Subwoofer

mohammad-addas
Community Member

Hello,

I have just purchased two 1723 THX Monitors and before they arrive would like to choose a good location for them. One of the possibilities for better WAF is to place them on top of the two 1961s subwoofers in front of the room. So my question is can the 1961s subwoofers withstand the weight of the 1723 THX monitors? And if yes then will the vibrations from the subwoofers affect the sound quality of the monitors?

All replies (5)

Lukas
Customer Support

Hi Mohammad,

Nothing wrong with placing the Monitors on top of the subwoofers. Just make sure you put an upper pad in between so you do not scratch anything. Neither the Subwoofer nor the Monitors have any issues with vibrations altering the sound.

But having the subwoofers in the same location as the main speakers does not mean it is the best location for good bass. In my experience, it rarely produced a balanced frequency response. So I would recommend experimenting with placement before committing to anything.

mohammad-addas
Community Member

Thanks Lukas. What you said is what I’m planning to do. My current speakers location is different than the subwoofers’ location and I will start with the current one. If moving the location to be above the subwoofers and that doesn’t not degrade the sound quality then will select it.

Luis

In my previous setup, I used large sorbothane disks between the speaker and subwoofer cabinet.  Just one caveat… sorbothane may discolor the finish.

mohammad-addas
Community Member

Thank you Luis for this remark. I will make sure to put a cloth in between.

Lukas
Customer Support

Yes, be very careful with Sorbothane. I have seen cases in the past where speakers or floors had stains that you could not remove any more.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Exciting News! We’ve transformed our Community into the exclusive Arendal Sound Club! Dive into a more engaging way to connect with fellow audio enthusiasts and enjoy special, members-only benefits. Best of all, you can continue using your existing credentials. Visit Club