All replies (12)

Palmspar
Community Member

Brothers in arms on the live dvd on the night, amazing concert.

Also U2 and In this moment, into the light live version from in this moment is also very good.

Michael-B
Community Member

Nice. Been to a few U2 concerts back in the day. The live energy is always pretty great and sometimes the performances are even better than you see on studio albums. If you’ve never seen live baby live by INXS you should check it out. It’s a live show at Wembley Stadium in front of 100,000 people. It’s pretty great. There was a recent remaster in 5.1 surround in 4K Video

arkmann

Streaming One Love the soundtrack to the Bob Marley bio movie.  An updated version of No Woman No Cry is excellent.  Old music sounding fresh and new.  Bob Marley and the Wailers have never sounded better.  Relaxing and uplifting at the same time.

arkmann

Saw U2 back in 83 when they played their 1st arena in the US.  The crowd left the building walking into the streets singing 40.  I knew then I had been a part of something special.  The next time I saw them they played at a football stadium to 50,000 fans.  Saw the Brothers in Arms tour where they filmed part of the Walk of Life video.  Mark Knopfler is still excellent in concert.  The music he writes and plays is beautiful and always very well recorded.

Luis

Her voice… sultry… sexy… and when the horn starts to play… simply fantastic.  Well, at least to my ears.  Enjoy…

Luis

From her Alive album… Seeker… hope you enjoy it as much as I do…

Luis

Here’s another favorite of mine… it’s extremely hard to believe; however, before this recording session, these two artists never met.  My only regret… I wish I know what they were saying… :)

Michael-B
Community Member

The Black Keys have a new album out. I like their older stuff better, but the new is pretty good. I enjoy Melody Gardot’s music too. She does have a great voice. Her backstory is pretty amazing as well

arkmann

How about something new that’s old.  Just received so it’s new to me.  Jethro Tull’s Living in the Past.

Attachments:
Michael-B
Community Member

Nice. Jethro Tull rocks. Whenever I hear Jethro Tull, I’m sometimes reminded of Will Ferrell jumping around on tables playing the flute in the movie Anchorman…

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Exciting News! We’ve transformed our Community into the exclusive Arendal Sound Club! Dive into a more engaging way to connect with fellow audio enthusiasts and enjoy special, members-only benefits. Best of all, you can continue using your existing credentials. Visit Club