Homepage / Community / Technical questions / Surround speakers arrangement

Surround speakers arrangement

Ricardo Lerias
Community Member

<p style=”text-align: right;”>Hello everybody</p>
Need some help where to put my surround 1961 speakers

I am attaching the layout of my room. I currently have 2 1961 towers (pink color) and the central column (pink color). I just bought the surround speakers and I’m not sure which is the best arrangement. Ideally, I would prefer the solution in blue or green. As a last resort, I can use the red color layout. In order from best to worst, what would be your advice?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Attachments:

All replies (4)

Kristoffer Svendsen
Customer Support

Great answer by Fraser!

You can also look at this page: Dolby Link and find your configuration. let’s say you have a 5.1.4 setup (Link) you can see the recommended placement for both surround and height channels. If you don’t have height speakers, you can simply focus on the bed-layer in this article.

Ricardo Lerias
Community Member

Hello.

About Arendal surrounds its better to stay the back of speakers in the wall, right?

And if i dont have any surrounds is better to first use the first pair of surrounds in middle of the room, right?

Thanks for all helps

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Exciting News! We’ve transformed our Community into the exclusive Arendal Sound Club! Dive into a more engaging way to connect with fellow audio enthusiasts and enjoy special, members-only benefits. Best of all, you can continue using your existing credentials. Visit Club