I have a living room that is approx. 6 meters x 2.85 meters, but the TV/speaker/seating area is only 2.8 x 2.85 meters (2.85 meters being the distance between the TV which will be wall-mounted and the seating). Please view the images in the attachments.
I wish to make a 5.1 using Arendals, but am unsure about the combination. L and R speakers will need to be as close to the walls as possible (probably wall-mounted), while the surround speakers would also be wall-mounted above the couch. I also can’t afford to turn the volume up by too much, since it’s an apartment and I can’t disturb the neighbours. That being said, I intent to watch/listen to my content “loud”.
A/V receiver I plan to use to power this is Marantz Cinema 50.
1) Is 1723 center S THX too powerful for such a small space? I read that it’s quite a lot better than the 1961 center, but I’m worried if I could utilise its power without turning the volume way up…
2) Can 1723 center S THX be properly paired with 1961 bookshelfs or monitors for L and R speakers?
3) If money is not an object – 1961 bookshelfs, 1961 monitors or S THX bookshelfs for L and R speakers? Are monitors better for my space than the bookshelfs? Could I wall-mount S THX without losing their potency?
4) Are 1961 bookshelfs “good enough” for wall-mounted surround speakers? Is there any point in getting 1961 surrounds for such a small space?
5) 1961 1S or 1V for the sub? Will 1V be too much for my space, will 1S suffice?