All replies (12)

Andre S.
Community Member

Hi,

I am considering the same two options. They will both play equally low, the question is which one has more output in those low frequencies. Attached is the actual output and you can see that the 1V does have a significant advantage over the 2S below 30Hz. For movies, this will make a large impact, but not for music. The 1V will have more headroom for movies. I currently have an SVS SB16 and I think I will go to 2 X 1V instead. I hope this perspective helps. Have fun with your home theater build.

Attachments:
Tomas Saliuta
Community Member

Thank you for sharing your thoughts 👍

Kristoffer Svendsen
Customer Support

Hello,

What Andrej is saying is absolutely true. The 1v will have more of the deep bass, whereas the 2s will be a little tighter and more precise. Because it has two woofers, distortion will also be significantly lower, since it needs less excursion to achieve the same SPL

Tomas Saliuta
Community Member

Thanks! Is 1V only good for the movies then?

Kurt_from_Belgium
Community Member

According to extensif Audioholics reviews there is little to no difference between the 1S en 1V for music. They’re both excellent. For HT the 1V punches out more deep bass so I went for the 1V. Hope it’ll finally arrive somewhere next week ;-)

andreas-w
Community Member

Can’t speak for the V versions as i don’t own any :) But i love the 2S. I am a below reference level listener and the sub just integrates so damn well for music and i don’t miss anything for the low end movie section.

I had some minor quality subs in the past and have been bothered by port noise due to the sub being placed in the nearfield. Don’t know if that’s only a problem with minor quality products or relevant for your specific setting tho :)

Andre S.
Community Member

Tomas, here are my thoughts (also considering the price difference): I would buy the 1V to power all music and movie watching and the money saved would go to a bigger TV or better amps, or front processing… :)

The 1V will give you the movie and musical excitement. As Kurt mentioned above Audiolics.com measured the 1V and it is an extremely well-engineered sub. It is fast, has super low distortion, and has tremendous output below 30Hz. That is where lots of the magic/energy hides when watching movies. I owned two REL S5 subs and yes they were good but did very little for movies in those low frequencies. My upgrade to one sealed SVS SB16 was jaw-dropping. My next step is two 1Vs for more evened-out bass output and distribution. I am using Dirac- full bass optimization and the results have been incredible. I will be ordering the subs in the next few weeks.

Their return policy of 60 days is extremely helpful. You cannot go wrong with Arendal.

Have fun, we are cheering for your home theater build!

Tomas Saliuta
Community Member

Wow.. nice!👍👍👍

The problem with 1V is that it’s big my room is going to be small about 3.2m x 4.6m

and I was hoping that 2S it’s gonna be as good as 1V. Still waiting for the review from audioholics on the 2S
i have big 1723 towers and for the music they are okay. Need something for the movies and I think I will stick with 1v perhaps.

I‘m using Avm70 and Emotiva Amp.

Yes, bigger tv would be nice.
thanks for your thoughts 👍

Luis

Our rooms seem similar in size… mine is 10′ 11′ x 15′ 7″ with 10′ ceilings, so if I did my math correctly, that’s roughly 3.4 x 4.5 meters.  I’m using two 1961 1v subwoofers and I couldn’t be happier, so I’m thinking you’ll be more than happy with two of the larger 1723 1v subs.

https://www.audioholics.com/subwoofer-reviews/arendal-1961-1s-1v

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Exciting News! We’ve transformed our Community into the exclusive Arendal Sound Club! Dive into a more engaging way to connect with fellow audio enthusiasts and enjoy special, members-only benefits. Best of all, you can continue using your existing credentials. Visit Club