Homepage / Community / Technical questions / Do you listen to your 1723 Towers with all 3 ports open

Do you listen to your 1723 Towers with all 3 ports open

arkmann

How are you are listening to your 1723 Towers.  Do you have all 3 ports open or only 2 or 1 or all 3 plugged.  Which port is plugged – Top, middle or bottom?  How does it sound?

I started with only the middle port plugged, per some online reviews, and now experimenting with all 3 ports open.

All replies (3)

Lukas
Customer Support

Hey Arkman, I deleted the other post and left only this one. No need to have two:)

I personally have all ports plugged as I like the tighter punchier sound and I also use a subwoofer for the low bass.

Kristoffer Svendsen
Customer Support

Hi Arkmann,

In my opinion, it will depend. If you have a subwoofer, you might have an easier time integrating them together if you seal all ports. Without a subwoofer, I’d go all open to get the most out of the speaker and the deepest extension. But again; every room is different, so your approach of trying different configurations is the way to go!

Have fun testing, Arkmann!

CY
Community Member

I personally ran with 3 ports open, then eventually sealing the top port as my 1723 Tower placement was near to the wall to control the bass tighter.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Exciting News! We’ve transformed our Community into the exclusive Arendal Sound Club! Dive into a more engaging way to connect with fellow audio enthusiasts and enjoy special, members-only benefits. Best of all, you can continue using your existing credentials. Visit Club