Homepage / Community / Technical questions / Integrated stereo amps for 1723s towers?

Integrated stereo amps for 1723s towers?

aormset
Community Member

Hello.

Im thinking about buying a pair of the 1723 tower S.

With that in mind im going to need a amp. I want an integrated amp. Im considering either

-Cambridge audio evo 150

-Hegel H190

-Rotel 1592 mk2

Personally i like the idea of having an all in one box like the Evo 150, but is it powerful enough to do the 1723s towers justice? Yes i like to play loud dynamic music at times, so the amp has to be able to do that in good way.

Is there anyone that has experience with the Evo150 and arendal speakers?

I know the Hegel probably does the job well. But if the Evo is sufficient for my needs im kind of liking that idea.

Any thoughts?

All replies (7)

arkmann

I had the 1723 S towers matched to a Rotel amp and preamp and the pairing was excellent.  Plenty of power to drive the Ss.

arkmann

The amp had the same power as the 1592 MKII integrated amp you are considering.

Jules Jeanselme
Customer Support

I don’t have experience with the Cambridge but I will agree with Arkmann. This Rotel amp is excellent value and strong integrated amp with plenty of power.. That would be my recommendation.

Lukas
Customer Support

I have experience with all of them and I would go with the Rotel.
It is just the most reliable package with plenty of power.
I would also get a dedicated streamer, that you can switch in a few years, so you do not have to replace the whole amp.
The Bluesound Node is my recommendation.

aormset
Community Member

Thanks for the good advice.

Yesterday I put in an order for a pair of 1723 tower s, rotel 1592mk2, bluesound node and some cables.

Cheers

arkmann

Excellent choices.  Let us know how your system sounds after you break in your equipment.  Enjoy your listening!

Lukas
Customer Support

That is a great combo. Something I would also buy:) Have fun!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Exciting News! We’ve transformed our Community into the exclusive Arendal Sound Club! Dive into a more engaging way to connect with fellow audio enthusiasts and enjoy special, members-only benefits. Best of all, you can continue using your existing credentials. Visit Club