Homepage / Community / Technical questions / Recommendation on rear height (1961 Height) placement

Recommendation on rear height (1961 Height) placement

Cory Climaldi
Community Member

Hello fellow Arendal Speaker enthusiasts!

I am in the process of adding height channels to my setup. I have already mounted the first set (front heights) top of front wall above the screen. They sound great here because my MLP is set further back. The room is 13ft wide x 22 ft long.

My rear heights are set to arrive next week so i’m trying to establish where best to mount these. My original thought was on ceiling pointed back towards the front of the room. The angle on the 1961 heights is not very extreme, therefore these would really only be pointed almost directly down at my second row. Would it be better to have them match the fronts and mounted on the back wall near the top? Thoughts?

I’ve attached some some pictures for reference of where the seating positions are.

Attachments:

All replies (5)

Thomas Gunvaldsen
Customer Support

Hello Cory!

My take on this is that the best placement will be on the ceiling as your drawings indicate. That will have less of an angle from the drivers to each seating position and should give the best overall frequency response and sound from the rear height speakers.

Do let us know your impressions and how you ended up mounting them.

Cory Climaldi
Community Member

Thanks for the suggestion Thomas. I’ll give it a shot with them on the ceiling.

Luis

@Cory simply checking in to see if you mounted your rear height speakers.

Cory Climaldi
Community Member

I did! The position ended up working out well. The subtleties added with atmos/height speakers are neat. Watched the first John Wick last night, there is a scene in the rain with thunder. It sounded like it was everywhere. Very cool.

Luis

Awesome… glad things worked out for you.  I’m in a slightly smaller room, 10′ 11″ w x 15′ 7″ d with 10′ ceilings, so was curious how things worked out for you as I’m waiting for a friend of mine to help me mount my 1961 heights on the ceiling.  Your renders look great, any photos of the room?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Exciting News! We’ve transformed our Community into the exclusive Arendal Sound Club! Dive into a more engaging way to connect with fellow audio enthusiasts and enjoy special, members-only benefits. Best of all, you can continue using your existing credentials. Visit Club